Ever wondered how a designer engagement ring is made? Drawing inspiration from nature and architecture, watch how a designer’s vision is hand crafted into one of the most meaningful symbols of a couple’s life. Follow Ritani’s incredible team of artisans including jewelers, setters and designers in this exclusive behind the scenes journey on how Ritani engagement rings are made.
Posts by Firenze Jewels:
Perhaps no other jewelry you purchase will have greater sentimental value and be worn more often than your engagement and wedding rings. As timeless symbols of your love and commitment to one another, it’s only natural that you want to take the utmost greatest care of them.
1) Protection: Be gentle to your rings – It is advised to remove your rings before potentially undertaking any heavy work, gardening or dealing with harsh chemicals. Despite being incredibly strong, gemstones and even diamonds can chip or crack if accidentally struck too hard.
2) Upkeep: Keep your rings scratch free – All precious metals will eventually get scratched over time and can be brought to any professional jeweler to be buffed and polished. If your rings are made of white gold, your jeweler may also suggest that they be re-plated. This is normal as white gold is an alloy with a yellow gold base; it gets its white color from being plated in rhodium. After being buffed, the ring may begin returning to its natural gold color. If you’ve purchased platinum wedding bands, they can be polished back to their original condition. Platinum is naturally white, so no upkeep is needed to retain its luster.
3) Inspection: Watch out for loose diamonds – For peace of mind, have your jeweler occasionally inspect her engagement ring to ensure the stones are securely in place. It’s not uncommon for diamonds to come loose with everyday wear and tear. We generally recommend an annual inspection. However, depending on her lifestyle and the ring’s metal type, this may need to be done more or less frequently. Because of its density, a platinum setting will hold stones most securely in place.
4) Cleaning: Let those diamonds sparkle – The maximum brilliance of her diamonds can be maintained by keeping the ring clean. This can easily be done by soaking the ring in a mild solution of soap and warm water or a jewelry cleaning solution and gently rubbing dry with a soft cloth. Do not do perform this near a sink as you may risk the ring falling down the drain! For a more thorough cleansing, take the wedding and engagement ring to your jeweler.
5) Storage: Keep your rings safe – Store your pieces in a jewelry box, individually lined compartment or chamois bag when not being worn. Ensure that they are carefully placed separately to avoid the diamonds from rubbing against other pieces of jewelery which may produce a scratch.
|American Beauty star Mena Sulvari and music producer Simone Sesito finally tied the knot on Saturday in Italy. In a “very romantic and traditional Italian wedding”, the ceremony took place in a private church in Vatican City with a few hundred guests. They chose this location because Simone’s family is from Rome.
Having met at the 2007 Toronto Film Festival, Sesito got down on his knee and proposed about a year later with a sparkling diamond engagement ring. “It was very romantic” said Suvari. “I love him. It’s all about family and culture. I love his family and it just inspires me.” she added.
This is the second marriage for Sulvari, who wed cinematographer Robert Brinkman in 2000 before breaking up in 2005.
|Pop diva Mariah Carey and husband Nick Cannon received a dazzling wedding anniversary gift from the bosses at cosmetics firm Elizabeth Arden – a diamond encrusted Ipad. Aside from being covered in glittering stones, the Ipad features a butterfly and Carey’s signature “M”. The stunning gift marks the couple’s second anniversary. Known to renew their vows every year, they held a lavish wedding ceremony at their Bevery Hills home on April 30th. Mariah wore a white dress and veil, while Nick wore a white suit.
Their first 2 weddings were very low key in island-driven remote spots, so they opted for a more traditional ceremony this year. Cannon mentioned that his super-star wife would be getting a third diamond ring to go with the third ceremony. Celebrating their second wedding anniversary, he told the press, “We get married every year! That’s our thing.” – then adding, “If you were married to Mariah Carey, you’d want to marry her every year too!”
Although she announced her engagement to Goldman Sachs investment banker Marc Mezvinsky back in November ’09, no one has yet seen Chelsea Clinton’s diamond engagement ring.
Rumored to be quite the sparkler, the ring was said to draw a crowd backstage at last month’s Women in the World: Stories & Solutions conference. Host Tina Brown, Diane von Furstenberg and Barry Diller surrounded Clinton in the greenroom at the Hudson Theater admiring her rock.
Cameras finally got a first glimpse of the gem Sunday night as the private bride-to-be attended the opening night performance of the Broadway musical “Promises Promises”. The couple is expected to wed this summer at Martha’s Vineyard.
Christina Applegate was seen flashing quite the stunning diamond engagement ring Saturday evening as she tried to avoid the paparazzi at Los Angeles International Airport.
The 38-year-old newly engaged actress recently announced her engagement to rocker Martin Lenoble after 2 years of dating. Her fiance popped the question on Valentine’s Day although the 2 didn’t announce the news to their friends up until a week ago.
Her pal Alyssa Milano told US Magazine that Applegate kept her engagement to Lenoble “a secret from everyone” but that she is “thrilled” for her. No word yet on a wedding date, but she is very likely keeping that a secret as well. We wish her the very best.
Oscars 2010 had a number of surprises this year. As always, it is a great source to spot fashion and jewelry trends for the upcoming season. While some ensembles were way off target, there were a few starlets that were spot on. Ever-elegant Meryl Streep was our favorite pick of the evening. Draped in a hot white Chris March gown, those pave-set diamond and white gold earrings superbly complimented her overall look.
Reality star turned designer Nicole Richie announced her engagement today to Good Charlotte frontman Joel Madden during a taping of an episode of “Late Show with David Letterman” set to air Friday night. The couple got engaged in New York on Valentine’s Day over dinner at Abe’s and Arthurs – a restaurant in the trendy Meatpacking District.
Richie’s signature taste in oversized accessories apparently extends to dazzling engagement rings as well. Featuring a 3-4 carat brilliant cut center stone surrounded by enchanting pave set diamonds, the platinum engagement ring is rumored to have cost Madden approximately $250k. After 3 years and 2 children together the couple plans to wed this summer.